Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Week 10 - In Class

In class today we broke into groups to discuss the websites we had posted. Here is the feedback I received from my classmates:

Pencils of Promise-
https://pencilsofpromise.org/

  • Peers believed the site was already pretty organized
  • Saw same flaws that I had in regards to repetition
    • Repeats of Donation in different tabs
    • Menu bar difficult to navigate through at times
  • I will not be using this website though because it is fairly organized

Sprudge-

  • Peers believed the site was already pretty organized
  • Saw same flaws in navigating and were confused at times by the navigation I was confused about
    • Certain tabs would take you to other sites
    • Hard to find out what the purpose of the website is
    • Menu bar disappears when certain tabs are clicked
  • I will not be using this website because I feel as if it is decently organized and I am confused on its purpose. I would like to find a website that I am able to understand a little about the organization or company

  • Peers believed this website did not have enough content or disorganization for me to continue with it
  • Content only included the ordering online, about the site and the menu
  • I will not be continuing with this website because of it's lack of content 

Quantitative Audit:
Includes:
  • Page ID (1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.)
    • 0.0 = Home Page
    • Each tab is 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and so on. Then 1.1 and every sub-tab following will be the content included in these main tabs
  • Page Name
  • Source Content
    • Includes links to the tabs and content
Educate Girls-


  • I continued my search for websites and came across this non-profit called "Educate Girls". At first I believed it was disorganized due to its tabs and then having all the information on the one page. 
  • The tabs include sub tabs but it does not take you to another page which makes the sub tabs unnecessary
  • There are also a lot of links that could be organized better
  • Despite all of these things I will not be continuing with this website because I cannot contact them due to their international phone number and I feel as if there are not many points to say it is entirely disorganized
Dominion Pizza-


  • While continuing my search I came across this website for Dominion Pizza. 
  • The main issues are:
    • Not including the full menu on the site
    • Specials being spread out throughout the site
    • A tab that only applies for one location and not the other which is unneeded
  • Despite all of these things I am still continuing my search for websites because I feel as if this site is more poorly designed than poorly organized

No comments:

Post a Comment