Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Week 12-Outside of Class

2x2 Matrix:
I spoke to a few others on my matrices and gained some feedback on the wording of some categories.
Here are the updated versions based off my feedback-





Based off of my card sorting both open and closed I found consistencies in the way users categorized the different topics. 

In the About tab users primarily put:
  • Success Stories
  • Contact Information
  • Board of Directors and Staff Directory
  • Our Supporters 
In the Programs tab users primarily put:
  • Childcare Program
  • Parent Program 
  • Mom's House Graduate Program (2 out of 3)
In the Newsroom tab users primarily put:
  • You should combine the News and Events tab
  • Mom's House Gazette
  • Around the House Blog
  • Events
In the Donate Now tab users primarily put:
  • Donation Form
  • Everyday Giving
  • Extra Giving
  • Or make it just a button that goes straight to the donation form
A big debate was what phrase to use to include the volunteering options that others can partake in. The category names others came up with were "Get Involved", "Participate" and "Support Us."
  • Volunteer
  • Adopt a Mom and Adopt a Classroom were answers but also answers for programs
    • I believe it should be for the Participate category because it is about volunteering and not about the programs offered by the non-profit. 
Conclusion-
Based off all of this information I found that not only is the navigation poorly organized, but because of this it confuses users on where to look for items. Topic names of different pages also seemed to confuse the user such as "Current Appeal" where the user did not understand what the page was about. I found in my research that this page overlaps with the blog and gazette that the website includes in their newsroom section. The website overall has multiple tabs that are repetitive and redundant. When conducting the closed card sorting I used categories I came up with myself to see how the user would respond and they did not change any of it and thought the information under each tab made sense.

Results from System Usability Scale-
I had 17 users answer these questions on the website.






No comments:

Post a Comment