Jacqui:
Jacqui is a math major and is a very analytical type of person, so I wanted to receive feedback from her using the Guerrilla Usability Testing. I allowed her time to look at the website a little before starting my questions.
First Task- What is the nonprofit about?
- At first she assumed it was for single Moms in Lancaster based off of the name.
- Found this information under the logo
- Then, Mom's raise children in a good space and kids can be educated in this space.
- Found this information in the About Us tab
- From here I just asked her if she felt this message should be put on the first page or in the About Us tab. She said she felt the message on the first page was a little confusing and it did not display the full message the About Us tab had. She felt as if it made it out to be that it is just for Moms and not all single parents.
Second Task: Find where to Volunteer
- She first clicked "Help Now" then could not find it.
- She then clicked Participate and found it there.
- She said that both words had the same meaning and she was confused as to why the website included both when they could combine different information.
Third Task: Find the Board of Directors
- At first she clicked the "About Us" tab but did not find this information there
- She started clicking through other categories to find it to then randomly land on "Our Work" and find it
- She felt as if this information could have been included in the About tab.
- "Our Work" felt to her like it should only be about programs or stories of how the nonprofit came to be
- She had also mentioned she saw the programs pages somewhere else, both on the home page and in the "Parents" category
- Based on this finding she said it seemed repetitive and made her confused.
I had Joyce do both my Guerrilla Usability Testing and my "I Like, I Wish, What If".
She is older and not as technologically inclined, so for her she likes when things are easy to navigate through and that is why I felt both methods would benefit my research.
Guerrilla Usability Testing:
First Task- What is the nonprofit about?
- First said women but then went to Mother's and Father's seeking to get more education in order to get a good job to support their child
- Read the top
- Didn't see About Us tab
- Any more info?
- She said that there seem to be repeats
- A little more could be added to the Home page for their mission
Second Task- Board of Directors?
- Went in Newsroom, then skipped over it and found eventually after looking at all the tabs
- She felt as if this could be in the About Us tab instead
I changed the third just to see something different- Christmas List?
- First went to Donate, then Events, then Help Now
- She felt as if this could be worried better such as "Get Involved" or "How to Give"
I Like, I Wish, What If
I like the message and what they provide. Some subheadings were very clear in what would be include on their page. Also, appreciated the main navigational bar rather than the top bar.
I wish it was more simplified and that there was more on the first page about their message rather than everything you find throughout the website. I feel as if to gain interest the message should be on the first page laying out benefits, where they're located, what they do and other mission statements.
What if they changed the name to Parents, families or Mom and Dad's House. Also what if they changed the Home Page to add more about their message like they have in the About Us tab.

Norm (My Dad):
I had Norm do both my Guerrilla Usability Testing and my I Like, I Wish, What If because he was a single parent when I was younger and as a single father I feel it is good to know how he would navigate through the website. Although the website would not fully be towards his audience I still feel like it was good to gain feedback from a once single father.
Guerrilla Usability Testing:
First Task- What is the nonprofit about?
First Task- What is the nonprofit about?
- Looks like it is just for single mothers
- Confusing on message because the home page says single parents and then the About Us tab both says single parents, but also specifies Mothers.
Second Task- Board of Directors?
- Went to Our Work tab because he didn't feel like the other tabs made sense.
- Feels as if About would be better to include it in
I changed the third just to see something different- Christmas List?
- Found in Help Now with no trouble
I Like, I Wish, What If:
I like that there is a lot of information but it just needs to be organized better to get the full mission across. As a once single father I would not know that I can reap the benefits as well. However the website is very helpful and user friendly.
- Things are also duplicated
I wish it just had 3 components such as a drop down for message, parents and their message in a tab and Volunteer in a section.
What if they have these 3 components and say who they are, participate and donate.

No comments:
Post a Comment